Report unwelcome noise

New reporting system: NoiseWorks

A new reporting system was launched 20th January 2022. It is available for you to report ongoing or one-off noise. You will no longer be able to log updates or add new reports on the former system. Reports made on the former system, before 20 January 2022, will not be available to update in NoiseWorks. Please be assured that no data has been lost. If you reported noise on the former system and you want to provide an update then you will need to report it via the new system.

You can report ongoing or one-off noise incidents using the form on this page. Or you can call 020 8356 3000 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday; or 020 8356 4455 at any other time.

We have enforcement officers available during office hours and the following:

Please first read our noise guidance to understand what we can and can’t do about noise, and the types of noise that are considered unwelcome.

Legal action is likely to only be taken when the noise is ongoing. This is because the noise has to be deemed a ‘statutory nuisance’ that materially affects the comfort of your home, ie loud enough to wake you up at night regularly, or prevent you from concentrating during the day.

One-off incidents are unlikely to be considered for legal action, however, you can still report them to the Council. An enforcement officer may contact you for more details, and may visit the scene and serve an abatement notice to stop the noise.

To report noise, you will need to provide us with:

Your details are confidential unless court action is necessary. Please note that anonymous complaints will not be taken as we need to know who is affected by the problem.